Saturday, October 8, 2011

IT'S NATIONAL FLUFFERNUTTER DAY!

And who doesn't love Fluffernutter?!? I have this thing (thanks to Jarrod, my now all grown up son) about calling Fluffer "momo". That's how he said marshmallow when he was but a wee little lad. And it stuck. (At least with ME it did!) I can't tell you how many times I've printed out a recipe for someone & got a call or an email asking me what momo is! (Oops!)  In honor of National Fluffernutter Day, I thought I would share one of my fave (& often requested) recipes using both peanut butter & marshmallow. It's quick, it's easy, & it's oh so good! I hope you enjoy it! Until next time, Love & Best Dishes from My Nest to Yours! Here's the recipe:

EVERYTHING-BUT-THE-KITCHEN SINK BAR COOKIES

1 (18 oz) pkg refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 (7 oz) jar "momo" creme
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups corn chex
1/2 cup plain m&m's

preheat oven to 350°.

grease a 13"x9"x2" baking pan.

press dough into prepared pan.

bake 13 minutes.

remove from oven.

drop teaspoonfuls of momo creme & peanut butter over hot cookie base.

bake 1 minute.

carefully spread momo creme & peanut butter over cookie base.

sprinkle with cereal & m&m's.

bake 7 minutes.

cool completely in pan on a wire rack.

cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment